Merida Urban Retreat YHL 1204 $1,200,000
Luxurious Retreat in the Heart of Mérida
This 5 bedroom3 bath house is being sold completely furnished, and is move-in ready.
This one-of-a-kind urban retreat will make you feel at home the moment you enter its breathtaking interior spaces. It was originally built for the son of Generalissimo Francisco Gregorio Canton by the Italian architect Enrico Desarti, who also built the Peon Contreras Theater and the Palacio Canton (currently housing the Anthropology Museum on Paseo Montejo).
The interior furnishings are Classic European, selected by internationally recognized interior designer Steven Cheroski when it was his own home. The restoration architect, Henry Ponce, won Architectural Digest’s first place prize for Authentic Restoration in 2008 and the home has been featured in Architectural Digest, The Robb Report, and Ambientes magazines. Fully restored in 2005, this home has been impeccably maintained and consistently upgraded to the standards of the discriminating buyer.
- Original pasta tile floors
- 18-1/2 foot ceilings on both floors
- Massive, original French marble staircase
- Roof sealed with 1 to 1-1/2-inch closed cell polyurethane foam
- 11 mini-split air conditioners
- Blue glass tiled pool with recirculating filter system
- Both inside courtyards with custom Maya Crema fountains are screened.
- Automatic watering system
- Washer, dryer, microwave
- Fully screened throughout
- Reserved parking accessible to back door can be arranged.
- Spacious gourmet kitchen with granite counter tops and large island
- Professional 6-burner stove with 2 ovens
- Dishwasher and garbage disposal
- Large capacity refrigerator with French doors
- Ceiling fans in most rooms
- Enormous master bedroom suite with dressing room
- Water from deep well is potable throughout the house, which goes through UV-light sanitization and softener, and then the kitchen sink and refrigerator water is passed through reverse osmosis to remove chemicals and improve taste. Lab tested better than bottled water.
- Centrally located 2 blocks to the Peon Contreras Theater, home of Yucatan’s Symphony Orchestra, and 2 blocks to Santa Lucia Park, with its many cultural events and popular restaurants.
Location & Information
- Bedrooms: 5
- Bathrooms: 3
- Property Type: All Properties, City Life, Merida, Merida Centro
- Size: 4951 sqft
- Lot Width: 32 feet
- Lot Width: 10 meters
- Lot Depth: 135 feet
- Lot Depth: 41 meters
- Lot: 4306 sqft
- Added: 3 weeks ago
- Zip: 97000
Sign up for our mailing list