Bed & Breakfast in Santa Ana YHL1088 $350,000
This B&B in Merida, Yucatan, is a remarkable colonial property located in the Santa Ana neighborhood. The property combines the charm of original colonial features with high-tech facilities and is located near art galleries, restaurants, museums and the historical Paseo de Montejo, yet on a quiet residential street.
This B&B offers five rooms for guests and private quarters for the owners (office, bedroom and bathroom. The rooms are equal to the best hotels in Merida, all on the ground floor. Every room has a modern bathroom with a large shower, is decorated with beautiful colored Mexican tiles, and there is a ceiling fan and a quiet mini-split air conditioner in every room.
The garden has been professionally landscaped. The sparkling filtered pool is half above ground and half below, over 16 feet long and while it is 6 feet deep it has stairs with railing to enter and exit and has in-pool seating at shoulder depth. It also has an optional waterfall. At night, the beautiful garden and pool area is illuminated to enjoy the well furnished bar, kitchen facilities and grill.
The construction is solid and has had great maintenance. Four of the main rooms have original beamed ceilings and beautiful pasta floor tiles. Two of the guest rooms have very high ceilings as well (probably built in mid XX century) and three more were added recently.
The infrastructure of this B&B is impressive, oriented for easy operation for the owners and the comfort of the guests.
It includes the following facilities:
DOMESTIC WATER SYSTEM
– Large in ground cistern
– Powerful pressurized water pump, with spare pump
– Whole house water softening system
– Reverse osmosis & ultraviolet drinking water purification system
– All new large size smooth plastic drain pipe system
– Very large septic tank, permitting used toilet paper
– 100 Amp main service entrance
– 8 KW propane driven generator (on roof)
– Large breaker panel with generator control and interlock
– Breaker sub panel in laundry room
– Electric pump and filter system with skimmer
– LED low voltage lights
– Large storage room with shelves
– Garden tools
– Maintenance tools
– Two 300-liter stationary propane tanks on roof
– Various separate lines and regulators to the following appliances:
-Three hot water heaters
-Kitchen oven and cook-top
-Mosquito magnet machine
– Six individual mini split air conditioners in five guest rooms plus owners quarters with each unit wired back to main panel
– 13 total. Remote control in five guest rooms and owners rooms.
– Two large satellite dish antennas on roof currently oriented for Shaw satellites (can be easily re-oriented to other companies)
– Coaxial runs to all guest rooms, living room, bar, kitchen, owners rooms, etc.
WHOLE-HOUSE AUDIO SYSTEM
– Speakers in owners room, living room, kitchen, breakfast area, and bar/garden
– Each area with it’s own amplifier for individual control
– Connected to high speed internet
– Two Wi-Fi points for coverage throughout the property
– Wired jacks in each guest room
– Wired jacks (many) in owners quarters, sala, kitchen, breakfast area, bar, etc.
– NEC DSX-40 professional multiline digital phone system
– With voice mail and auto attendant
– System acts as doorbell and intercom from any phone to entrance door
– Phones in guest rooms
– Phones in owners quarters, kitchen, dining room, bar, etc.
– US lines and local line currently connected (new owner can subscribe to Ooma, Vonage, etc.)
– Toll free 866 number can be transferred to new owner line
With the exception of personal items and some art pieces, all furnishings and equipment are included in the sale. A detailed list can be provided upon visit to the property.
Location & Information
- Bedrooms: 6
- Bathrooms: 6.5
- Property Type: All Properties, City Life, Merida, Santa Ana
- Size: 3229 sqft
- Lot: 5350 sqft
- Added: 3 years ago
- Zip: 97000
Sign up for our mailing list